Saturday, October 26, 2013
What a line-up! What a line-up! This is by far the most talented roster of players coming for the 2013 End of the Year Tourney. I'm so excited to meet you again or for the first time. Let's play way too much tennis and have fun on the tennis courts at beautiful Crandon Park Tennis Center in Key Biscayne, FL.
Here's some tourney highlights:
* Ajay Patel out of Orange County is our most decorated player ever. He has 14 championships and 377 total wins in the program.
* Eli Panell out of Miami is returning after winning the Advanced championship last year. He's also won 5 total championships.
* Norbert Pukeca out of Orlando and Mariano Copello out of Miami both are undefeated at 27-0 and 9-0 respectfully.
* 16 players are returning for 2nd or 3rd or even 4th championship. Brian Beno out of Ft. Lauderdale and myself will have participated in all 5 tournaments.
* 44 players are attending as of today. That's a record.
* 28 players could be considered out of towners and will be traveling to the tourney.
* 16 players are from Miami or the Ft. Lauderdale franchises.
* Darrel Belvin out of Seattle will be the player making the longest trip to Key Biscayne.
* We're going to have 16 Advanced players playing for only 8 championship Sunday playoff spots. Friday, Saturday count more for them!
* Our smallest functional franchise: St. Louis will be having two participants: Nick Flanscha and Brandon Hall.
* The total record of everyone attending is: 2537 wins, 1785 loses - 58.6% win percentage
* The total record for the Elite players is: 964 wins, 211 loses - 82% win percentage
* Once again Denise Lynch will be the lead assistant in running the tourney. She did such a kick butt job last year and she's a wonderful sister. :)
Great things are happening at Tennis League Network.