TennisDC.com franchise. Here's his tennis story!
Which league are you a member of?
1. I am a member of TennisDC 3.5 league in Washington D.C.
How long have you participated in your league?
2. I joined TennisDC in the Spring of 2014, and have joined every subsequent league.
How did you first learn about it?
3. I came across TennisDC during a web search. I was looking at ways to get more tennis matches in.
How often do you play?
4. As often as my wife lets me! J (Just kidding – I try to average about one match a week, depending on work schedule, kid duties, etc.) We see Francis has played 26 times in the past year: http://www.tennisdc.com/59887/profile
What do you like most about the league?
5. Best thing about the league is very simple: great way to play a lot of competitive tennis matches!
Tell us about your most memorable match(es)
6. Most memorable matches have been some of the blowouts – where I’ve been paired against vastly superior players (it’s only happened a few times – most matches are quite even and could go either way). You learn a tremendous amount and, even though you are getting spanked, fun to see how good some of the guys are. And it gives you something to aim for!
Who are your favorite rivals in the league? Why?
7. I’ve played a couple of good matches against Paul Mackie – lost both of them, but have really enjoyed playing him!
Do you have any other interesting comments about your experiences with the league?
8. TennisDC was a great way for me to get back into tennis. I went for many years without playing and then suddenly got back into in a big way; perhaps a mid-life crisis?!
How did you get started playing tennis?
9. I started playing tennis when I was a little kid – taking lessons at my parents’ tennis club. Loved it right away.
What level player are you? (NTRP rating)
10. I am a 3.5 NTRP (although an aspirational 4.0).
What are your tennis goals this year?
15: My tennis goals for 2015 are to move up to the 4.0 league
Does any of your family members play tennis? If so, tell us a little bit about them.
16: My oldest daughter is nine and she LOVES tennis and she is going to be great! I look forward to the day she beats me.